How to get people to recount and to naturally tell funny stories how to make lines memorable – concrete- and specificand
How to get people to recount?
To naturally tell funny stories how to make lines memorable – concrete- and specific
Prompts to elicit stories (most interviewers are weak at this)
- Tell me about a time when…
- Tell me about the day when
- Tell me the story of… (how you came to major in X, how you met)
- Tell me about the day you realized
- What were the steps that got you to
- Describe the conversation when
- Describe the conversation when you first mentioned to your wife/ husband that you wanted to drop this lucrative career in X and start your own company
- How did that make you feel when…
- What do you make of that …
- Explain that a bit more
- What did you learn from that
- If the old you could see the new you, what would the new you say
- You seem very confident now. Was that always the case? If you had to describe the debate your head about (X Decision or event, how would you describe it?
- When you do X (or When Y happened to you), what does your internal self-talk sound like?
- What do you say to yourself?